A Solid Solution

The New Rescue Mission

We propose to build a new 50,000-square-foot facility on this property. This modern, energy-efficient building will house our overnight shelter and dining facilities as well the Mission’s many educational and personal and professional development programs. It will also allow for expanded volunteer on-site activity, expanded educational collaboration with other entities in our area, and an expanded aftercare volunteer program.

How will this project be funded?

Rescue Mission of the Mahoning Valley accepts no government funding. We have relied exclusively on the generosity of donors to fund all of our programs.

The cost of our new South Side facility is estimated to be $9.5 million. We have a unique opportunity to secure 45% of this funding ($4.5 million) in grants and credits — but only if we can secure pledges of support for the remaining 55% of the cost.

Donations may be made over a period of the next five years.

Please help!

Your support is vital to making the new Rescue Mission a reality. Please visit our How You Can Help page to make your pledge.